At Darkness to Light, we’re in the business of preparing adults to shelter children from sexual abuse. But daily we also remember and embrace that we exist under a much wider tent of child wellbeing, which takes so many forms:
- Physical wellbeing – like nutrition and fitness
- Social wellbeing – like community connectedness, social support, and especially family resilience
- Economic wellbeing – like access to housing, material resources, and quality education
- Quality of life – like having a safe place to play, and activities that create happiness and growth
- Personal rights – like freedom from extreme trauma of varying sorts
Read more here.